38.1 Riders shall wear:
a) appropriate clothing which presents a smart and professional image for the sport of endurance at all times whilst riding on course, presenting a horse for a veterinary inspection or BC and at the presentation ceremony.
b) the allocated rider bib as the outer most item of clothing. The bib must be clearly visible at all times and shall be worn by the person trotting the horse at all veterinary inspections. (If the strapper is running the horse out at the vet check, they must wear the riders bib/number)
c) A fastened protective equestrian helmet (must be on at all times when mounted) in accordance with the current international equestrian competition standards. (See below for compliance numbers)
38.2 Riders are recommended to utilise caged safety stirrups if flat heeled riding shoes with a heel less than 1cm in depth are being worn. (For people who choose to ride in runners or similar footwear)
(It is recommended that appropriate footwear should be worn be all people who are around horses at a ride, including in the vet ring, leading/grazing horse and strapping, not just the competitors)
Equestrian Australia- Current approved helmet safety standards:
- AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards) provided they are SAI Global marked
- ARB HS 2012 provided they are SAI Global marked
- ASTM F1163 (2004a and any subsequent updates) provided they are SEI marked
- SNELL E2001 (and any subsequent updates)
- PAS 015 (1998 or 2011 and any subsequent updates) provided they are BSI Kitemarked
- VG1 (01.040: 2014-12) with or without BSI Kitemark
· If you have a hard-blow impact accident while wearing your helmet, it is recommended to immediately replace it for a new model. There may be damage to the helmet that is not visible to the naked eye.
· It is the rider's responsibility to wear the approved standard helmet while competing.
· It is recommended to replace a riding helmet every 5 years.
HELMET TAGGING is compulsory for all EA affiliated events for the sports of Dressage, Showjumping, Driving and Endurance. (This only includes FEI Endurance Rides and not AERA/VERA rides)